[IDV #DPW-228118]: Precipitable Water Script

Dear Patrick,

According to my colleague, Sean Arms, the WRF output must be post-processed
with the the Unified Post Processor (UPP) to obtain precipitable water.
Moreover, post processing should be done regardless to get off the staggered
grid.

Here is some information on how to achieve this:
http://www.dtcenter.org/wrf-nmm/users/docs/user_guide/V3/users_guide_nmm_chap7.pdf

Table 3, page 7-23, shows the code for generating precipitable water.

Please keep us up-to-date on your progress.

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Patrick Barrett
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 8
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_4.0u1\jre version: 1.6.0_43
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem:
>
> I am still relatively new to the IDV. I have loaded data from a WRF model
> that doesn't output precipitable water as a parameter. I know the IDV
> automatically derive things like flow vectors but does it automatically
> derive precipitable water. If it does not, can you please help me
> in finding a formula/script that can be used to derive precipitable
> water. I have just started learning the IDV scripting language and have
> very little time to figure how to derive precipitable water.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Ticket ID: DPW-228118
Department: Support IDV