[IDV #CVB-770084]: Is IDV software Proxy Aware?

> Dear Unidata,
>
> I would like to test out IDV for viewing weather data on my corporate desktop
> computer.  I have the software installed and have attempted to access data
> from the Data Choosers tab on the Dashboard.  Every attempt I make, I get a
> connection error message.  I've talked with the IT security support team at
> my company and was told that I need to enable the Proxy Aware functionality
> to avoid the company firewall blocking my data requests.
>
> So my questions are:
> Is the IDV application Proxy Aware?
> If so, how do I enable Proxy Aware?
>
> Thank you,
> Tim Ashman

Hi Tim,
    You can reference this support ticket for the setting of the Proxy port in
the runIDV script:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/support/help/MailArchives/idv/msg00493.html

Not sure what kind of data server in your company computer, you need to be
aware that only specific data accesses supported in the IDV.

Yuan
> _________________________
>
> Tim Ashman  P.Met.
> Meteorologist, Generation Resource Management
>
> BC Hydro
> 6911 Southpoint Drive, 9th Floor
> Burnaby, B.C.  V3N 4X8
>
> Office:    604.516.8878
> Email:      address@hidden<mailto:address@hidden>
>
> bchydro.com<http://www.bchydro.com/>
> _________________________
>

> ________________________________
> This email and its attachments are intended solely for the personal use of
> the individual or entity named above. Any use of this communication by an
> unintended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email
> in error, any publication, use, reproduction, disclosure or dissemination of
> its contents is strictly prohibited. Please immediately delete this message
> and its attachments from your computer and servers. We would also appreciate
> if you would contact us by a collect call or return email to notify us of
> this error. Thank you for your cooperation.
> -BCHydroDisclaimerID5.2.8.1541

Ticket ID: CVB-770084
Department: Support IDV