[IDV #LMZ-422836]: Point Data Plot

Dear Patrick,

You are correct. You need to go to the layout model editor. In the editor,
please double click on the pressure field (to the top-right of the station).
This action will bring forward a panel with four tabs; Display, Color By, Scale
Size, Rotate. The Display tab should already be selected. In the "Value
parameter" field, be sure to enter the correct field, probably "PSL", if it is
a Synoptic Data observation. If you are unsure about the parameter, to the left
of this field is a chevron symbol. Click on that symbol and go to Current
Fields > Point Data > Group * and select the field of interest. Once you have
modified your field, click OK. Back in the layout editor "Save As" your new
layout. Use this new layout in the Dashboard, Displays Tab, Layout Model
choice. You should not be able to PSL in your station plots.

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Patrick Barrett
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 8
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_4.0u1\jre version: 1.6.0_43
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem:
>
> Good day, I am trying to display point data plot and I was testing out the
> layout model editor and now no matter what I do the pressure values will
> not be displayed. The display option is ticked on the colour is red (not
> clear) and no matter what I try the pressure will not be displayed. Is
> their a way to correct this or even reset the layout model.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Ticket ID: LMZ-422836
Department: Support IDV