[IDV #MHJ-258620]: Pydap file server fails

> Comments from the PyDAP hosting institution:
>
> "Let us know if there is anything we can do on our end to help.
> Would it be possible to get the underlying HTTP query URL that is breaking?
> That would allow us to determing whether this is a client issue or a server
> side problem.
> In other words, I'm looking for the URL that the client sends across,
> including the parameters sent in to the file (stuff after the ? symbol).
> eg.
> http://portal.nersc.gov/pydap/cpmmjo/wrfidv_d01_2011-11-01_01.nc?DN[0:1:5][0:1:26]&;
> "
>

> Is there something else they should be running (like Hyrax instead of pydap?)
> Are there best practices aspects to this, or do java netCDF library authors
> just
> pick their priorities one by one, and this one is a low priority?
>

> Thanks
> Brian

Brian,

   I moved this ticket to netCDF-Java group to see if they have any good
solution. My guessing is that when you try to access the small file in the
PyDAP, it is actually downloaded to the local tmp dir and opened in the IDV,
and this doesn't work for the very big one and doesn't matter you select one
field or the whole file.

Yuan

> On May 20, 2013, at 1:05 PM, Unidata IDV Support wrote:
>
> > Brian,
> >
> > The problem appears to be a function of the file size. The first file you
> > sent us is 3G, the second is 500M. Moreover, IDV support for pydap may be
> > limited.
> >
> > Best Wishes,
> >
> > Unidata IDV Support
> >
> >> But if pydap is the problem, why does this one work OK?
> >> It is on the same pydap server, just a different directory path to the .nc
> >> file
> >> http://portal.nersc.gov/pydap/20C_Reanalysis_ensemble/analysis.derived/pwat/pwat_1928.daily.nc

> >> Brian Mapes
> >> address@hidden or address@hidden