[IDV #XXH-308663]: Contouring and labels

> > Hi,
> >
> > I am running IDV 4.0u1 (build date 2013-03-29 18:10 UTC) and seem to have
> > a problem with contouring. The two attached images show mean sea level
> > pressure (using NAVGEM NetCDF data). In one the labelling frequency is low
> > and the contours are fine. But increase the labelling to high frequency
> > and some of the contours become incomplete. It almost looks as though
> > there should be a label in the gaps. I can't find whether this has been
> > reported before. It was something I first noticed with v 4.0 but I have
> > just downloaded 4.0u1 and the problem is still there.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > AMatt Ruglys
> >

> Matthew,
> Thanks for reporting this problem, it may relate to the algorithm behind
> the contour labeling. We will fix it asap.
>

> Yuan

Matthew,
      I just checked in a new VidAD library, which modified the algorithm and
the testing result showed better labeling. You may still seeing some broken
lines in certain cases, but zoom in and out can help in most situation.

Yuan

Ticket ID: XXH-308663
Department: Support IDV