[IDV #ZOR-188633]: vertical scale in IDV

Greetings Tom,

Right now the IDV cannot display vertical cross sections with any other
vertical coordinate other than altitude, although we would like to add this
as you are correct, it should be pretty simple. We do allow users to create
and manipulate different types of vertical profiles, such as a Skew-T, Stuve,
or Emagram diagrams.

Sean

> Full Name: tom sobieraj
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware: Java: home: /opt/IDV_4.0u1/jre version: 1.6.0_41 j3d:1.3.1
> Description of problem: I am trying to use IDV to crate plots with (atmosp.)
> pressure as the vertical scale.
> Something very simple - I have GEM model output in GRIB2 files with pressure
> levels.
>
> IDV seems to produce plots ONLY with altitude as vertical coordinate.
> And only lenear (i.e. no log vertical scale).
> And IDV seems to force conversion from pressure to altitude.
> I spent 2 hours browsing through the documantation.
>
> Is it possible at all to use pressure as vertical scale???
>
> Thanks,
> Tom Sobieraj

Ticket ID: ZOR-188633
Department: Support IDV