[IDV #IDN-176406]: Error reading ww3 data

> Full Name: Bryan  Matamoros Alvarado
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 4.0u1
> Operating System: Ubuntu 12.04
> Hardware:
> Description of problem:
>
> hello, my consult goes like this:
>
> I'm generating some images based on ww3 data, in specific I use
> significant wave height (using just contour and color-shaded plan view)
> and mean wave direction which includes local wind sea and swell direction
> (using this formulae -uvFromWindDir(dir) not sure if it works with this
> kind of data), the main issues are with mean wave direction an goes
> like this: ww3 metadata says it data are present there but when IDV
> reads it didn't appear I think IDV are taken the data as another type
> of data or some like this but can't figure it out how to deal with and
> which is the variable it takes and convert
>
> this is the url's where I take the data
>
> WW3
> //motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/dodsC/fmrc/NCEP/WW3/Global/runs/NCEP-WW3-Global_RUN_2013-04-01T06:00:00Z
>
> or
>
> FNMOC-WW3
> //motherlode.ucar.edu:8080/thredds/dodsC/fmrc/FNMOC/WW3/Global_1p0deg/runs/FNMOC-WW3-Global_1p0deg_RUN_2013-04-01T00:00:00Z

Bryan,
    I see no problem using formula uvFromWIndDir(dir) and the mean wave
direction to create display. Try the attached bundle.

Also, the motherlode is planning to go away, please use the new
thredds.ucar.edu server.

Yuan

Ticket ID: IDN-176406
Department: Support IDV