[netCDF #UHL-694460]: netCDF help

> Hello Avirup,
>
> I opened up your file in ToolsUI, and didn't have any trouble.  I noticed
> that when I tried to generate plots using IDV4.0, tair gave me the range
> error you see, while other fields did not.  I'm going to kick your request
> over to the IDV team so they can take a look at it.
>
> Regards,
> Lansing Madry
> Unidata
> Boulder, Colorado

Hi Avirup,
        When a netCDF file can not be loaded into the IDV, it is likely that
this file is not a well constructed. I checked your file, and the problem is
likely the order of the dimension. For a lat/lon projection, the corrected
order  of dimensions for each variable should be time, lon, lat or time, lat,
lon. Could you make a change and try it again?

Yuan

> > Hi everyone,
> > In my model, I am creating netCDF files and trying to visualize them using
> > IDV. One of my netCDF example files is located at:
> > http://hydrology.usu.edu/snow/uebgrid/merra.rfe.90m.200301.nc
> > For some reason, IDV was unable to open this netCDF file. I am creating
> > these netCDFs using R 'ncdf' package. It is giving me 'getRange3' error.
> > Could you please help me to find out the error. I have to
> > create hundreds of these file. Any help regarding this i s
> > highly appreciated.
> > Thanks,
> > Avirup
> >
> > --