[IDV #JSX-936754]: Setting up a remote data server for IDV

> Hi,
>
> Now that I have an LDM running at cicsnc.org (http://cicsnc.org) I would like
> to set up a remote data server for IDV users. The pqact file I'm using is the
> gempak flavor. Is ramadda a good choice? Our firewall is currently blocking
> port 8080 so you can't log in a check the setup.

Hi Angel,
        Other option is TDS (Thredds Data Server), this will require some
configuration setting. It doesn't have the web interface for you to do the
configuration like RAMADDA. In the configuration, you can specify the port
number. Port 8080 is the default port and can be changed.

         The advantage of RAMADDA is that it is not only run as a data server
for the IDV users, it can also used as the repository for the IDV users to
share their bundles and other information, to publish their data and results. I
would strongly recommend you to try the RAMADDA server.

Yuan
> I would like to find out if there's a better choice than ramadda for IDV
> accessing a GEMPAK directory tree.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Angel Li
>
> North Carolina State University
> Cooperative Institute for Climate and Satellites - NC
> NOAA's National Climatic Data Center
> Veach-Baley Federal Building
> 151 Patton Avenue
> Asheville, NC 28801-5001