[IDV #LXU-794987]: IDV createNewWindow Error

> Yuan,
> I installed IDV on my machine and it seems to be working correctly. So,
> it looks like I have problems running it from the website using
> WebStart.  Since it's working I'll just use the IDV this way.  If you'd
> like to continue troubleshooting the web version for me I am happy to
> help out by trying some other things, but if you want to close this
> ticket that's fine too.
>
> Cory

Cory,

Well, I am guessing that you are on Mac and there is Java 7 installed in your
machine. The IDV doesn't support Java 7 at this moment, so you can not do the
webstart from your machine. When install an IDV locally, you are relying on the
jre6 inside the IDV. I am going to close this ticket.

Yuan
> >> Yuan,
> >> I tried it again and got the same error.  Is there something I need to
> >> install?
> >>
> >> Cory
> > Cory,
> >
> > Can you install an IDV in your machine? This may provide better idea what
> > is missing.
> >

> > Yuan

> >> --
> >> ========================================
> >> Cory Wolff
> >> Associate Scientist
> >> National Center for Atmospheric Research
> >> 303.497.2845
> >> address@hidden
> >>

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: LXU-794987