[IDV #WXB-258684]: selecting the last time in a netcdf dataset

> Yuan,
>
> I would like to create a bundle that would run without any human
> interaction.
> Thus, the time animation properties can not be used.

Bill,

There is some new features added in the animation properties which allows user
to set the driver time, and this can be saved in the bundle. I still believe
this is an option for you.

> Also, there is no model data displayed in this bundle. I used model data as
> an example of data which allows the "last" time to be selected.

As long as you know the time range for the "last" time, it is possible to do it
this way.

Yuan

> Your idea of adding "last" to the list would solve my problem, and I would
> think help other users. Honestly, I can't believe someone has not asked
> for this change before. Displaying the last time in a dataset is a very
> common choice.
>
> Thanks for your consideration, Bill

> >> Full Name: bill fingerhut
> >> Email Address: address@hidden
> >> Package Version: 3.1u1 build date:2012-11-30 17:36 UTC
> >> Operating System: Windows XP
> >> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_3.1u1\jre version: 1.6.0_31
> >> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> >> Description of problem: After choosing a netcdf dataset from a community
> >> catalog, I would like to choose the last time for display. I want to then
> >> create a bundle file that would always display data from the most recent
> >> time (last time). I see how to choose the first time, any one time, but
> >> not the last time. This has been available with other datasets, e.g. model
> >> forecasts and observations, for ever. So, there must be an easy way to do
> >> this with a netcdf file ?
> >>

> > Bill,
> >       The IDV can't set the last time for display at this moment, even
> > though adding  last one to the list is possible. One option I can think
> > about is to use the time matching feature. For the model output you
> > probably know what is the time range for the last time, and you can use the
> > "Time Animation Properties" widget to set the driver time and then let the
> > model output to do the matching.
> >
> > Hope this can help.
> >
> > Yuan
> >
> > Ticket Details