[IDV #RLZ-894702]: Shapefiles that will not project correctly in IDV

> All,
> As per a suggestion from Don Murray:
> "The problem with these files is that the UNIT of Foot_US is not being
> recognized.  If you upload some files as Sean suggested, I'm sure
> someone at Unidata can look at this further.
>
> Don"
>
> I am uploading a shapefile that will not project correctly in IDV.
> History of what I have done.
>
> Load map data as map background (shapefile and .zip file)
>
> Load map data as a data file (shapefile and .zip file)
>
> Created a new projection based on the data in the .prj file

> a giant snow flake with inumerable lines.  Loading the data as a date file
> only produces a single line on the display though it does look like a
> possibly squished 2D down to a 1D map.

Roderick,
     Sorry for the delay reply.
    For the structure of this kind of shape file, I would say the corrected
approach is to load this as a map background in a whole .zip file.  It looks
like the IDV has some trouble to parse the lat and alt value of the dataset, do
you have any reference or other application that can display this shape file
correctly? If so, send me an image for reference.

Yuan

> Any help will be appreciated.  The local mapping entity will not change their
> process and this data is to good to not to use for local
> pollution/meteorology mapping output.
>
> Thanks,
> Roderick

Ticket ID: RLZ-894702