[IDV #SCH-192684]: IDV support

Greetings!

The IDV currently does not support shape files of point geometry.
However, it's on our list of things to do, and the example file
you attached will help us when it comes time to test, so thank
you!

As for .lyr files, the IDV cannot handle these at this time either.

Sorry for the disappointing news,

Sean

> Hi
>
> I've just started using the IDV and have a couple of questions. I have
> searched the archives and help files so hopefully the questions are not
> too naieve
>
> 1) I've imported shape files and the polygon/polyline files work fine
> but the shape files of points don't. The point .shp file imports fine
> but I get nothing in globe or map display.  I tried to fix in  dashboard
> controls to no avail. Does the Idv display shapefiles of points such as
> in the attached zipped shp file?
> <<GSCFeCuAu.zip>>
>
> 2) this is unlikely but can the IDV import ESRI .lyr files that contain
> symbology for ESRI .shp files - things like colour infill for polygons ,
> line type and colour etc?
>
> Regards
> Alan
>
> Alan King
> Chief Geophysicist
> Vale Global Technical Services
> 337 Power Street, Copper Cliff, Ontario P0M 1N0 Canada
> Copper Cliff
> Ontario, Canada
> P0M 1N0
>
> email address@hidden