[IDV #XZK-350140]: possibly extra work being done which may not be required

> > > Any updates on this?
> > >

> > Ghansham,
> > Sorry for taking so long to come back to this ticket.
> > I am going to start the discussion with SSEC group about these discoveries.
> > The LatLon Label issue need to be addressed by SSEC developers, I will
> > check the color scale and the display property issues. We also got the
> > report from other user regarding the legend label changing in display
> > property causing the re loading or re rendering of the  whole display.
> >

> > Yuan
> >

> Ghansham,
> I played around the rerendering processes during the zoom in and out, I
> didn't see any redundent steps. Each time you zoom in and out, the IDV need
> to rerender the label, and it is not surprise that the cost of rerender of
> the label is high. What is your discovery on this?
>

> Yuan

Again, both lat/lon labels and colorscale objects are existed even if you don't
turn on the visibility. You can consider this a waste of cpu in your case, but
it is in the design, not a bug. We will consider this design in the future when
redo the colorscale.

Yuan

Ticket ID: XZK-350140
Department: Support IDV