[IDV #OQP-436161]: support-idv: display of data

Greetings Bryan,

Sorry for the delay - we are in the middle of our training workshops,
and it's been a bit hectic around here.

You will need to add a formula that will use the direction. But before
we address the formula, would you mind sending the example images
again? it looks like they didn't make it thorough our support system.

Cheers,

Sean

> Full Name: Bryan Matamoros
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 3.1
> Operating System: GNU/Linux Ubuntu LTS 12.04
> Hardware:
> Description of problem:
>
> I'm trying to create a data visualization including significant height
> of combined wind waves and swell using color shaded view and contour plan
> view, up to here anything its ok, but when I try to create a vector plan
> view to describe wave direction, there is no way to use the corresponding
> data, cause it just gives Lat, lon, angle, and freq in s (seconds),
> and to use it IDV needs u & v data, How can I affort this?
>
> this is de URL of the data source:
>
> ftp://polar.ncep.noaa.gov/pub/waves/develop/multi_1.20121026.t06z/multi_1.glo_30mext.all2012-10-26.grb2
>
> the first attached image corresponds to the visualization, with out mean
> wave direction
>
> The second one corresponds to and example of what I'm looking for
>
> Thanks in advance for helping
>
> Atte: Bryan Matamoros Alvarado
> Universidad de Costa Rica
> CIMAR