[IDV #QVK-232822]: map reprojection

Dear Tyler,

We apologies for the delayed response. After discussing this problem, we
arrived at the conclusion that this may not be possible. However, I am going to
leave this ticket open in case Yuan (who is on travel currently) wants to weigh
in.

Best Wishes,

Unidata IDV Support

> Full Name: Tyler Burns
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_3.0u2\jre version: 1.6.0_20
> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem:   I am working on a case study of a particular storm.
> As part of the project I am trying to insert a surface map (pre-made) image
> into the main map view by geolocating it using one of the built-in formulas.
> However, the image's map is not in the linear projection required by the
> formula. Is there a way to make IDV geolocate an image that is in another
> projection, such as supplying it with additional coordinates (other than just
> two corners)?

Ticket ID: QVK-232822
Department: Support IDV