[IDV #NKA-540396]: Possible time-matching snafu

Jim-

Running your bundle (which I didn't do before the last note), it seems like you
are only using the last 18 hours or so.  Usually that's not a problem, but
again, since there are only 96 images and there are 4 image/hour, you've only
go 24 hours of images available.  Best to use the GINIALL dataset, or get
Unidata to store more images in the realtime datasets.  but again, using the
latest build, it should not fail, just only get the images that match.

Don

> I've noticed some strange behavior with the attached script, which
> loads satellite data that is time matched to hourly model data.
>
> Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it doesn't.  When it gags, the
> IR and WV satellite data won't load and IDV gives me a message that says
> the selected images are not available.  The visible image usually loads
> just fine.
>
> I've tried to load the IR and WV manually with time matching as
> well and it also fails, even though it appears the data is there for a
> portion of the period covered by the model data.
>
> I'm guess that this might have something to do with how far back
> the satellite data goes back on the server.  The vis data goes back a
> bit farther than the IR/WV, and perhaps meets the threshold needed for
> the time matching to work?  In the afternoon yesterday, the script ran
> fine, but at that time, there was overlap between the model data and the
> satellite data that was available.
>
> Jim

Ticket ID: NKA-540396
Department: Support IDV