[IDV #EDI-541906]: Radar Location

> Full Name: Tom Robinson
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware: Java: home: /home/chap/IDV_3.0u2/jre version: 1.6.0_20 j3d:1.5.2
> fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: Aloha,
>
> I have level 2 radar data from NCDC from the PHMO radar site on the Island of
> Moloka'i in Hawai'i.  I created a folder called PHMO and put the files in
> that folder.  When I display the data, IDV thinks that the radar location is
> at 0Lat , 0Lon.  I searched through the help files and it says to specify the
> radar location using either a radar location widget or a radar location menu.
>  I have been spending pretty much my entire afternoon trying to figure out
> how to display my radar data on a map and I am failing miserably and becoming
> increasingly frustrated.  I am hoping that you can provide some guidence so
> that I can display the radar images correctly on top of a map.
>
> Sincerely,
> Tom

Tom,
    Sorry about your experience of finding the site.
    As you know the level2 radar dataset doesn't include the station
information, and the IDV provide station table for all the level2 station.
    For your problem, in the Dashboard, select Data Choosers, then, Radar >
Nexrad Local,
in the Radar Location drop down menu, select Honolulu/Molokai(HMO), and select
the file you want to display, you can select multiple files by using the
shift/control key. It should be easy from here. Send us support request if you
experience any more difficulty.

Yuan

Ticket ID: EDI-541906
Department: Support IDV