[IDV #WKV-733577]: enter date range in formula?

> Full Name: Joseph Spain
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 3.0u2
> Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
> Hardware:
> Description of problem:
>
> Greetings:
>
> Is it possible to enter a date range in a formula? For example, if
> one wants to determine the average values of a variable for each grid
> point from Jun 1 to Jun 15 over 30 years, what is the correct procedure
> and syntax?
>
> In Microsoft Excel, this can be accomplished by using the following formula...
>
> {=IF((MONTH(date_range)=6)*(DAY(date_range)>=1)*(DAY(date_range)<=15),AVERAGE(variable_range),"")}
>
> Does IDV have an equivalent solution? I searched through previous posts
> and the Jython library, but I did not find a solution.
>
> Please advise.
>
> Thank you.

Joseph,
     I don't think there is a straightforward way at this moment. I am assuming
you are talking about the point data and the procedures I can think about is:
the display controls, you can use the filter to select the date range and do
some calculation from there.

Yuan

Ticket ID: WKV-733577
Department: Support IDV