[IDV #RDP-498389]: issue with single band geotiff datasets

> R/Sir
>
> I have a single band tiff image. And it has some projection information
> which is UTM and not geographic coordinates.
> I dont care. But still when I load it using omni control it is loading
> it as 3-band image. It seems it is replicating
> a single band into multiple bands while loading.
> I have gone down the line and found that issue is in the geotiff
> datasource where you call doMakeDataChoices().
> There is you just detect whether there is a map projection associated
> with the tiff file, if not, then you add only a single data choice
> that is for image.
>
> I think it is not done properly.
>
> regards
> Ghansham

Ghansham,
       The CDM library can handle the UTM projection better. You only need the
zone and isNorth to construct a UTM projection, such as: new
UtmProjection(zone, isNorth). Can you use your dataset to try the UTM
projection in the goetiff datasource? The geotiff data source is not very
completed, and it can only handle very limited amount of tiff files. The
Geotiff need to be added to the CDM iosp, but not finished for some reasons.

You are always welcome to make a contribution to the IDV source.

Yuan

Ticket ID: RDP-498389
Department: Support IDV