[IDV #VUV-175754]: IDV

Greetings Raghu,

Thanks for passing along the detailed log files, as well as some more
information on how you are using the IDV. Unfortunately, it looks like the main
issue is appearing at the Java3D level; others on the IDV team have indicated
that this is very typical of a hardware issue, and not with the IDV, which
makes it very hard to debug; this is pretty much impossible for us to do on our
end, especially given that we are funded by the NSF to focus our efforts on
supporting the academic community. You also seem to be using the DefaultIDV
java code in your own project to do what essentially seems like batch
processing. The IDV has two scripting interfaces (isl and jython), and I'd
suggest sticking with one of those. I also noticed that you are using your
system's version of Java3d - I'd suggest making sure that's up-to-date.

Hopefully using the built-in scripting interface or updating java3D will
address the problems you are having with the IDV. We wish you the best!

Sean

Ticket ID: VUV-175754
Department: Support IDV