[IDV #UKE-495654]: error opening IDV files

Greetings Sue,

It's hard to say what is causing this error - would you mind sending a copy of
the .xidv file so that I can test it here? Also, the 2.9u3 version of the IDV
is over a year old - I would recommend updating to the latest release (3.0u2).
The Linux installer can be found here:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/current/index.jsp

Cheers!

Sean

> Hi,
>
> I am using IDV, and I get an error when I try to open the .xidv files I
> create:
>
>        This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated
> with it.
>
>        The document tree is shown below.
>
> and the tree is listed below the error message.
>
> I can open the file when I go to File --> History if the file is still
> in the list, however.
>
> If the file is old enough to be off the list, I am unable to open it.
>
> I did not see this error in the FAQ section or the support emails section...
> I am running version 2.9u3 on a Lenovo pc running Fedora (not windows).
> Someone else installed the IDV software.
>
> Any thoughts on how I can fix this? I need to be able to open the old
> files, but if nothing else, it would help to know if there is a trick
> to saving new files to avoid the error.
>
> Thanks very much,
>
> Sue Weygandt
>
> CSWR