[IDV #KOM-112886]: Can't connect to observation data server

> Full Name: Paul Nutter
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Linux
> Hardware: Java: home: /usr/local/IDV_3.0u2/jre version: 1.6.0_20 j3d:1.5.2
> fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: Updating sounding data
> No datasets found edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddeURLException: Invalid dataset
> name format
>
> edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddeException: No datasets found
> edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddeURLException: Invalid dataset name format at
> edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddePointDataReader.<init>(AddePointDataReader.java:161)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.sounding.AddeSoundingAdapter.loadStationsInner(AddeSoundingAdapter.java:438)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.sounding.AddeSoundingAdapter.loadStations(AddeSoundingAdapter.java:388)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.sounding.AddeSoundingAdapter.init(AddeSoundingAdapter.java:306)
> at
> ucar.unidata.data.sounding.AddeSoundingAdapter.<init>(AddeSoundingAdapter.java:260)
> at
> ucar.unidata.view.sounding.SoundingSelector$8.run(SoundingSelector.java:665)
>
> using IDV_3.0u2 on a 64-bit Centos 6.2, trying to connect to server and view
> RAOB data at adde.ucar.edu; same trouble with Point and Profiler data.
> However, there is no trouble selecting model, satellite, or radar data. I
> tried several of the server choices from the Server selection menu; all
> produce a similar error as above.  This behavior is reproduced with
> IDV_2.9u3, suggesting a network restriction on my end?  How to diagnose?
> What is uniqe about connecting to a Server for observation data compared to
> selecting model data?  The other possibility is that this trouble is unique
> to the linux (x86_64) version (?), as I have no difficulty on IDV_3.0u2 Mac
> or Windows (but on a different network subdomain).

This is very strange problem, not sure anything related to your network
restriction. The satellite and RAOB both use the adde server, should behave the
same if there is network restriction. I have no idea what is the cause here.

Yuan

Ticket ID: KOM-112886
Department: Support IDV