[IDV #GRT-867451]: ADDE server: adde.cise-nsf.gov (frontal analyses and forecasts)

Greetings Dave!

Thanks for reporting the issue with the adde server. It looks like several
servers have the same issue. I think there are two issues: 1) some adde servers
listed in the IDV don't appear to actually host frontal analysis even though
they appear under the "Fronts" data choice, and 2) the IDV acknowledges that
the data do not exist, but it still tries to display something (creates an
empty display). We'll need to contact the adde server hosts to let them know
about the missing frontal analyses, but that will take some time. Maybe it
would be best to remove those choices from the "Fronts" data chooser, and then
fix the issue where the IDV creates a display for data that do not exist.

Thanks again!

Sean

> IDV supporters,
>
> I'm running IDV v3.0u2 under Mac OS X v10.6.8.
>
> One of the IDV's default  data sources is Fronts: adde.cise-nsf.gov, which
> presumably serves frontal analyses and frontal forecasts. However, I haven't
> had any luck accessing any data from this source in the handful of times I've
> tried it in recent months. When I select either "Analysis Fronts" or
> "Forecast Fronts" (the two options available), I get this message:
>
> There were errors processing the front file:
> Unable to read adde url:
> adde://adde.cise-nsf.gov/wxtext?group=RTWXTEXT&apro=COD&astn=SRP&day=2012091
>
> After I click "OK" in the error message dialog box, the IDV then displays
> "Field Selector" in the Dashboard, with this entry under "Fields":
> adde://adde.cise-nsf.gov/wxtext
> When I click "Create Display", a Display Control dialog window for fronts
> appears under the Dashboard's "Display", but there are no entires listed to
> modify.
>
> Any idea what the issue is here?
>
> -- Dave

> *   Dr. Dave Dempsey                        |       ^   ___       \|/     *
> *   Dept. of Geosciences                    |  ) ^     /||_||\    --0--  *
> *   San Francisco State University   | )  )    /  ||_||  \    /|\     *
> *   1600 Holloway Ave.                      |  )  )  /   ||_||    \          *
> *   San Francisco, CA   94132          |  )  ) /    ||_||      \   ^   *
> *   Phone:  (415) 338-7716               |  )  )  )~||~||~~~~ \~~*
> *   FAX:      (415) 338-7705               | )  )  )  ) ~  ~  ~ ~ ~ ~*
> *   Email:   address@hidden        |  )  )   )  ) ) ~  ~   ~ ~ *

Ticket ID: GRT-867451
Department: Support IDV