[IDV #PCI-730699]: can this netcdf data be read by IDV?

> Full Name: Christopher Lynnes
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Mac OS X
> Hardware: Java: home:
> /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home version:
> 1.6.0_29 j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: Problem opening
> file:/Users/clynnes/data/ACOS/idv/soundings.ncml
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>
> I tried modifying the "location" attribute in the ncml file you sent and
> reading in as a Trajectory Sounding File, but got the above error.  Am I
> reading it in as the proper type?  Am reattaching the ncml and netcdf, just
> in case...

The problem is that the coordinate variables in your new nc file uses
sounding_latitude and sounding_longitude for the lat and lon, see the attached
ncml which I used to modify the naming to lat and lon.

Yuan

Ticket ID: PCI-730699
Department: Support IDV