[IDV #BAF-577021]: IDV_3.0u2 doesn't start

Greetings Andrea,

We can't seem to reproduce the error you are having in getting the IDV to load.
Perhaps something became corrupted during the multiple installs on your user
and admin accounts. I would try the following:

1) completely uninstall the IDV from the computer (all installs in Program
Files as well as user directories).

2) Backup and rename the .unidata folders found in your user and admin account
home directories (maybe unidata-old/).

3) Reinstall the IDV from your user account only.

If this works, then you can look into your .unidata_old directory to see if
there is any thing you would like to keep (any custom jython scripts, the
default idv bundle, etc.).

Cheers,

Sean

> Sorry, no way to make IDV_3.0u2 start.
>
> I tried installing the IDV on my user account, both on the "Program
> Files" directory of windows (giving my account writing privileges) AND
> on my account's directory.
>
> Also, I tried with the nightly relase IDV_3.0u3, unsuccessfully.
>
> Please, have you any additional suggestion?
>
> Thank you
>
> A. Pellegrini
>
> Il 02-Mar-12 18:41, Unidata IDV Support ha scritto:
> > Greetings Andrea,
> >
> > I think the IDV is trying to read/write some information in a folder that
> > is contained on the administrator's home directory. Was there a problem
> > installing the IDV on your user account, as you did with 3.0? I would
> > strongly recommend installing the IDV while logged into your user account.
> >
> > Cheers!
> >
> > Sean
> >
> >> Full Name: Andrea Pellegrini
> >> Email Address: address@hidden
> >> Package Version: 3.0u2 build date:2012-02-10 17:21 UTC
> >> Operating System: Windows 7
> >> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Program Files\IDV_3.0u2\jre version: 1.6.0_20
> >> j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> >> Description of problem: Hello, I installed IDV_3.0u2 on a 64bit W7 PC.
> >> Please, note that I'm currently using IDV_3.0, I followed the same
> >> procedures to install both releases, and 3.0 is working properly.
> >> I installed 3.0u2 using an Administrator account and the software starts
> >> correctly when I am in that account. Usually, I don't work logged-in as an
> >> Administrator: when I start the new release from another account, the
> >> splash screen appears and the Dashboard window opens, but both windows
> >> show "Loadind defaults" and don't go further.
> >> Thank you in advance.
> >>

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: BAF-577021
> > Department: Support IDV