[IDV #WCA-451375]: Proxy settings

> The user indicated that she is using that version of the software already.
> Can you confirm that the application does not send outbound traffic
> connecting to servers on ports 80 or 443, because these would be blocked by
> the firewall.  I have verified that our firewall is not configured to block
> outbound traffic to ports 112 and 8080.

Brain,
      Sorry for some delay due to the holiday time off.

      Basically, the IDV in each machine need to talk to three major severs:
TDS, ADDE, and RAMADDA, in order to perform the 98% of its features. ADDE is in
port 112, should be no problem according to your information. You should be
able to connect to satellite images server, and all Observations server. The
TDS server is on port 8080, which covers the radar server and most catalogs
from unidata. However, some catalogs like this
(http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/georesources/idvcatalog.xml) is on port 80, but
the content of this catalog is on port 8080, you should be able to visit:
http://motherlode.ucar.edu/thredds/catalog.xml. But the RAMADDA server of
unidata is on port 80, so this will be the only major thing your users going to
miss, unless you can config the proxy setting to open 80 to some specific
servers.

Yuan

> Brian Rayne (373-0226)
>
> Help Desk (373-0598)