[IDV #ZLV-456042]: line drawing on VMPlayer using Fedora Core 16

> Full Name: Brian BIllings
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 3.0b1 build date:2011-07-01 17:24 UTC
> Operating System: Windows 7
> Hardware: Java: home: C:\Users\bjbillings\Desktop\IDV_3.0b1\jre version:
> 1.6.0_20 j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: I'm attempting to run the WRF EMS in a computer lab
> which uses Windows machines. To do this, I'm using VMPlayer to virtualize a
> Fedora Core 16 operating system. The WRF runs okay, but I hit a snag when
> trying to view the netCDF files using IDV.
>
> Attached are three files illustrating the problem with the default background
> maps. The first shows the startup fiew, while the second two are zooms into
> southern California. This issue also occurs when display countours are
> plotted and even is in the data labels. I assume this is related to running
> IDV on a virtual machine, but don't know where to go from here. Thanks for
> your assistance.

Brain,
      There are always some kind of issues associated with the Virtual OS, most
likely due to missing some system library in the virtual OS. There is not any
label display in the background map, so probably not an issue. If you did see
the labeling problem, you can try to change the display font in the contour
display control.
      Two things you can try to see if any one can help: one is to uncheck the
geometry by reference, it is under Edit > User Preference > System. And the
other is in display control of the background map, check the "Fast rendering"
check box.

      Let me know what you see after these changes.

Yuan

Ticket ID: ZLV-456042
Department: Support IDV