[IDV #PMQ-833409]: IDV Radar Station and Radar Image Matching

> > Hi,Yuan,
> >
> > I'm sorry I don't know your Email address, so I still sent my mail to the
> > idv-support address.
> > Thanks a lot for your answer.
>
> Yes, sending email to idv-support is what I wanted.
>

> > I'm working on the CINRAD data, so how can I add the radar station table
> > with its geo location locally?
> > Now I can add the radar station info into the weather radar list by
> > changing the location file. But I can't set the radar data image centered
> > on that station location, the radar image still centered on the (0.0,0.0)
> > point.

I made some changes in the IDV which allows users to add the local radar
station table easier. To do so, please installed a nightly release, and you
don't need to make any changes in the idv.jar. All you needed is to add a
userstations.xml in the .unidata/idv/Default directory. And the attached is a
sample of this xml file.

However, you still need to change the station in the property window after you
load the data as described in my previous email.

Yuan

> You need to change the property of the file before creating the display. I
> have given you the instruction in last email:
>
> To do it, you load the data first, and then double click the dataset in the
> Field Selector tab to bring up the property window, and change the station in
> this window, your new station should be in the list.
>
> Let me know if you have any trouble.
>

> Yuan
>
> > So can you help me on how to match the radar image with the added station
> > location?
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Zhe Li
> >
> > 2011-12-17
> >

> > zli09

Ticket ID: PMQ-833409
Department: Support IDV
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<stationtable name="NEXRAD User Sites" category="Weather">
<station idn="000725" id="AAA" name="FFFFFFFFFFFF/KKKK" st="AK" co="US"
lat="65:02:06" lon="-147:30:06" elev="790"/>
</stationtable>