[IDV #LZR-404920]: TC-IDV availability

> Yuan, Jeff and Don,
> greetings from Baja California, Mexico.
>
> You may remember me from the IDV tutorial in the fall of 2008. I work in a
> research with respect to tropical cyclones that develop of the Mexican
> coasts mainly in the eastern Pacific Ocean. IDV has been useful to
> display (observed) tracks as well as the official forecasts, when
> available. Also, I have used it with students in short courses
> or workshops.
>
> Recently, I am using IDV more often and I just found a reference on TC-IDV
> for tropical cyclones. This reference  is an extended abstract from an AMS
> conference in 2009. Not sure if  this material is in addition to the
> regular
> IDV package; but, if this is open to  the public I would like to try it.
> Please, let me know your comments and suggestions.

Hi Luis,

      There is nothing special in the TC-IDV. It is a plugin built for a
research institute in the China to access their database and some special
parameters only available to them. All the features related to the cyclone are
available in our general release. Let us know if you have any question or
suggestion.

Thanks,

Yuan

> Thanks,