[IDV #HAV-211832]: Fwd: un petit bonjour et petits problèmes d'usage de données ECMWF en format NETCDF dans IDV.. .

Salut Gilles,

C'est un peu compliqué, malheureusement.

If I understand your problem correctly, this is what you need to do

#1 Define a Jython formula (this formula should hopefully be self-explanatory):

def gilles(geop):
   geoph = geop/9.8
   gh = newUnit(geoph, "z", "m")
   return mag(geo(gh))

To do this go to Field Selector --> Formulas --> Edit Jython library. Define
this formula in Local Jython --> User's library

#2 Go to Field Selector --> Formulas --> Edit Formulas --> Derived Quantities
--> Geostrophic Wind

In the Formula editor enter

Formula: gilles(D1)

Press "Change Formula"

Now your new derived formula should be available for display. (You may have to
restart the IDV here. For some reason, the derived formula did not show up
immediately for me.)

Try that and let us know if that works.

-Unidata IDV Support

> Putting this into the support queue, so it does not get lost. -Julien

Ticket ID: HAV-211832
Department: Support IDV