[IDV #SEW-636098]: McidasV / IDV query

Hi Peter,

re:
> We've been told that McidasV and IDV are the same but the MMIs look different.

I am unfamiliar with the term 'MMI'.  Can you clarify please?  Thanks.

re:
> Can you clarify the following:
>
> - Does IDV provide the underlying code which the SSEC use with their MMI code
> ?

We can answer this as soon as we understand what 'MMI' refers to.

re:
> - If there are updates, how do the 2 application update sync with each other ?

Good question.  Right now the SSEC developers have their own release schedule
which is not necessarily tied to the IDV release schedule.  Next week, however,
four of us from Unidata and Don Murray (who is now at NOAA) are traveling to
Madison, WI to meet with the McIDAS-V development team to discuss a variety
of topics aimed at harmonizing both applications and sharing development
activities. I will add discussion of release schedules to the agenda.

Ticket ID: SEW-636098
Department: Support IDV