[IDV #AUB-785709]: Radar Data Stuff

> Fine I will get that done or try to write one own adapter for time being if
> it is posible.

Maybe a little more information about this radial datasets and the usage in
your project can be helpful. Did you create this nc data? what do you need to
accomplish with this dataset? etc...

> Another query related to CF conventions, if you have the knowledge. I have
> seen in satellite POES level-1 data (like MODIS) lat/lon disks are not at
> the same resolution. they are not at per pixel basis they are for every 5
> pixels or for pixels. Is there a provision to accomodate such data in CF
> conventions. Am I clear in my query?

Satellite data is total different, I remember dealing with MODIS dataset at
some point, not sure if it is level-1 data. If you can provide a sample data I
will take a look.

If the dataset is very big, please upload here:

Thanks,

Yuan
> regards
> Ghansham
>
> address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > > R/Sir
> > >
> > > This is one sample radar netcdf data file that I am able to open using
> > > toolsUI.jar. but not in IDV.
> > > Do I need to write my own adapter for that? Is it that it does not follow
> > > CDM.
> > > Any way to validate if dataset follows CDM conventions?
> > >
> > > regards
> > > Ghansham
> > >

> > Hi Ghansham,
> >    This is because this data is a netcdf format data. But not enough
> > information to identify it as a radial dataset and building a radial
> > coordinate system for it in both ToolUI and IDV. There is on progress CF
> > Radial convention you can reference if you want to modify this dataset to be
> > able to display in the IDV.
> >
> > http://www.ral.ucar.edu/projects/titan/docs/radial_formats/
> >
> > Yuan
> >

> > Ticket Details