[IDV #TZQ-924803]: Radar multi PPI (Volume scan data) in netCDF (.nc) could not be opened using IDV

> Dear Mr.Yuan,
> Thank you for the clarification.
> Can I use the  CF/radial convention variable time_reference instead of
> base_time.  I am afraid as base_time is not in the CF/Radial main or sub
> convention will there  be any compatibility issue.  If time permits can
> please suggest with a small code example in cdl format  on how to interface
> base_time into my  code. Thanks in advance.

Mr. Thampi,
    I have the time problem fixed, still use the base_time, but you don't need
to do anything. We are going to have another release soon.

> Also I would like to have some sub convention on scan_parameters like  SQI,
> Log-threshold, Clutter to signal ration etc. .  Now while translating from
> Rainbow, I cant carry these parameters to the new format.  Please add a
> sub-convention on  data acquisition settings. I mean a set of scan_parameters
> like radar_parameters, calib_parameters etc.

You can submit your suggestion to CF Radial group, I think they have a link in
the web page.

Yuan
> Regards
> S B Thampi
>
> On Sep 20, 2011, at 10:03 PM, Unidata IDV Support wrote:
>
> >> Dear Mr.Yuan,
> >>
> >> Thank you for your kind response.
> >> Meanwhile I could debug a few issues in the format conversion including
> >> the geo co-ordinate mismatch pointed out by you too.  The lat and Long
> >> values were interchanged while porting. I corrected that.  Also the ubyte
> >> type probelm also have been addressed.  Also i solved the sale factor
> >> issue by some other trick.  now the problem remaining to be corrected is
> >> the time recognition.
> >
> > Mr. Thampi,
> >
> >        This is a bug in my code, I didn't check the unit and use the
> > default time unit which is standard base time known as "the epoch", namely
> > January 1, 1970, 00:00:00 GMT. I am planning to make the change, but not
> > sure when this will be available to you. Since you are doing the
> > conversion, the work around for you is to use the default base time in your
> > time unit to make it worked in the IDV. I will keep you posted when the new
> > release available.
> >

> > Yuan
> >

> > Awaiting some help from your end on that count.
> >> I am attaching the latest version .nc file for your perusal and comment.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> S B Thampi
> >>

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: TZQ-924803