[IDV #VFJ-421284]: Unable to Connect

> Full Name: Vanessa Vinent
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 3.0b1 build date:2011-07-01 17:24 UTC
> Operating System: Mac OS X
> Hardware: Java: home:
> /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home version:
> 1.6.0_26 j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem:
>
> Error connecting to: adde.ucar.edu
> Error opening connection: java.net.ConnectException: Operation timed out
>
> Keep trying to connect, and unable to connect

Hi Vanessa
   This is the second support from FIU about ADDE connection, we double checked
the adde.ucar.edu server and we are very sure not problem on our side. Any
network connection problem on your side? Can you try other server, such as TDS
radar to see what can be the issue here?

Yuan

> ******************
> Stack trace:
> edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddeException: Error opening connection:
> java.net.ConnectException: Operation timed out
> at
> edu.wisc.ssec.mcidas.adde.AddePointDataReader.<init>(AddePointDataReader.java:165)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.adde.AddePointDataChooser.readTimes(AddePointDataChooser.java:486)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.adde.AddePointDataChooser.handleUpdate(AddePointDataChooser.java:440)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.adde.AddeChooser.handleConnect(AddeChooser.java:582)
> at
> ucar.unidata.idv.chooser.adde.AddeChooser.handleConnectFromThread(AddeChooser.java:599)
> at
> at

Ticket ID: VFJ-421284
Department: Support IDV