[IDV #OAT-783406]: Visualisation of Oceanographic gribs

> Dear IDV Support team,
>
> I was wondering if there is a way to view oceanographic data in GRIB in
> IDV. If so, where could I find a detailed description (Vtable &
> prescribed grib encoding) so that IDV reads it natively.
>
> Thanks again
>
> Remi

Hi Remi,
      The IDV is able to visualize the many GRIB datasets, but with the
restriction of the GRIB table, some dataset using non standard or customized
table may have trouble to be loaded into the IDV. It is really not the issue of
the data being the oceanographic or the atmospheric dataset, as long as the
data is geo located.
      You can try your dataset first to see if it can be loaded, otherwise, the
IDV also provide a way for users to add the table themselves.

Here is the reference of the IDV userguide
https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/data/GribTables.html

Yuan

> --

> Rémi MONTROTY, PhD
> R&D Engineer -
> Numerical Modeling, Data Assimilation and Integration
> 9, rue Michel Labrousse -
> 31100 Toulouse - FRANCE
> Phone: +33 (0)5.61.43.29.61 - Fax: +33 (0)5.61.43.29.41
> Skype: mfi_montrotyr
> Web: http://www.mfi.fr

Ticket ID: OAT-783406
Department: Support IDV