[IDV #PYH-734212]: Problem getting GFS data to load

> Jeff,
>
> Thanks so much for the real-person reply.  Here's the stack trace from a 3
> MB GRIB2 file I downloaded from GFS.  I've tried many times to load this
> same file, with no success.  In fact, it's still running.  All of the items
> marked RUNNABLE scare me, because it seems to indicate I'm crazy and it will
> be successful.  But I know from experience that the ADD SOURCE step should
> go very very fast, so something really is wrong.

All of the RUNNABLE threads are fine. It looks like its stuck creating the
derived quantities. Maybe you have defined some of your own derived quantities.
Why don't you try moving your local idv directory:

<home dir>/.unidata/idv/DefaultIdv
to somewhere else and re-run the IDV. If that fixes the problem then its
definitely something in your derived data. If so, send in the derived.xml file
that is in the original DefaultIdv directory.

Don't forget to move DefaultIdv back so you don't lose your setup.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: PYH-734212
Department: Support IDV