[IDV #PYH-734212]: Problem getting GFS data to load

Hi Murray,

> I have always been a big fan of IDV, and have done my best to promote it in
> international training courses sponsored by UNESCO
> (http://classroom.oceanteacher.org/course/view.php?id=124).  And over the
> years, I have been pleased with the rapid and effective help from UNIDATA
> when I needed it.  So you can understand my surprise at your complete
> silence for the past week, on the matter of my GRIB2 data source loading
> problems.

Sorry about this. I think Yuan and crew have been pretty hammered lately and
they've been in the middle of a big move.

I think you guys veered off down the networking hole and that was a red herring.

From one of the early messages you mentioned that you downloaded a GFS grib
file and tried to load it directly in the IDV and had the same problem?  If so
can you try that again and if its still an issue get a stack trace. There are
instructions here about how to to that:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/Faq.html#lockup

This will show where things are hung up.

-Jeff

Ticket ID: PYH-734212
Department: Support IDV