[IDV #LJG-859874]: Vector Plot from Coards

> Full Name: Leif Rasmuson
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 3.0b1 build date:2011-07-01 17:24 UTC
> Operating System: Mac OS X
> Hardware: Java: home:
> /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home version:
> 1.6.0_26 j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: Hi,
>
> So I am working with a Netcdf file provided by Mercator Ocean Products, see
> attached, it has current northward and current eastward velocities and I am
> hoping to create a vector plot of these two values.  I am unable to figure
> our how I go about doing this.  When I add the data and then look at the
> field selector the only options are for me to use contour's which do not
> provide what I am attempting to create.
>
> Thank you very much for your time,
> Leif Rasmuson

Hi Leif,
       There are two ways to do this vector plot, first way, you let the IDV
know northward is v and eastward is u, to do this, you can right click on the
variable name under Fields, and add alias as U component and V component for
each variable, after that, you will see the the vector plan view display option
in the list. The second way is to use the grid formula, Formula > Grid > Make
flow vector from u and v, and then create the display, after the new window
popup, you need to specify the u and v from your dataset.

Let me know if you need more help.

Yuan

Ticket ID: LJG-859874
Department: Support IDV