[IDV #EIE-202591]: Issue in Data Transect Control

> > Ticket Details
> > ===================
> > Ticket ID: EIE-202591
> > Department: Support IDV
> >
> Is the basic reason behind this error is that the data is not gridded
> and it has some cold space?

I don't know, but very likely the issue of missing sample value.

> Actually we are trying to use IDV for meteorological analysis. I was
> trying to use data transect for full disk product (having some cold
> space). Thats why I faced this problem.Although it works fine with
> gridded data. Does that mean we should not use transect display for
> non-gridded products?

Not really, but I would say yes for this satellite dataset.

> The other thing is how do we manipulate the transect line in the method
> you suggested. Because in general we could always drag the line in the
> map view. But here it does not seem to move. Even I consulted the user
> guide. The only method seems to be manually entering the lat/lon in the
> Edit Transect window.

I forgot to include step 4): In the transect view, select Transects > Edit,
this will bring up the transect line and you can manipulate the line in the
both windows.

Yuan
> regards
> Ghansham