[IDV #PNW-510251]: NOAA Profiler Plots

> Good morning,
>
> Has any progress been made on the CAP wind profiler plot items that were
> previously discussed a few months ago?
>
> Laura

Hi Laura,
    Sorry for letting you wait for so long. Nothing changes since my last
reply, I will try to see if I can finish this after my current project.

The to do list is below, and correct me if I missed anything.

1) When do you project the profiler station plots will be available?

2) Has there been any progress on a better y-axis display as you mentioned in a
previous email? This was in reference to the option that allows the most recent
data to be located on the right side of the chart as opposed to the left. When
clicked, the height expands making the data appear to shrink into a very small
vertical layer.

3) Have you had a chance to look into the vertical extent issue (see below for
reference)?

4) I noticed that the wind barbs do not appear to not match the input data's
magnitude. See attached IDV-generated and MADIS-generated charts for
time/height wind barb plots on 9/26/2007 at 12-18 UTC. Note that IDV's highest
color range has been changed to 50 kts (red) and the chart shows ~30 kts
(yellow) as highest wind speeds for this time period. However, the problem lies
in the wind barb icon itself - the yellow wind barbs have a 50 kt-flag and
extra barb indicating wind speeds of ~60 kts instead. Double checking the data
using MADIS-generated charts shows that the IDV color scheme is correct and the
IDV wind barb icons are wrong. Can this be fixed?

5) Is adding the option to choose the data's QC level still a consideration?

Yuan

Ticket ID: PNW-510251
Department: Support IDV