[IDV #LCA-261543]: GrADS .ctl files

Hi Stefan-

> Been testing everything and all seems well so far. Only issue I am
> getting is when editing derived quantities using the formula editor.
> When I try to go plot a skew-t or another derived variable, I get a Java
> heap space error: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space. I am only
> trying to plot one time step using this derived quantity with edited
> formula, so Im sure my machine isn't running out of memory(IDV is
> allowed to use >1GB). I was able to successfully derived theta-e using
> the formula editor and plot one time step.

I didn't have that issue on my system.  How much memory are you running the IDV
with? (e.g. what does it show in the memory legend at the bottom of the
screen.)  Also, how are you starting the IDV?

Question: are all the
> temperatures in the formula editors based off of temperature in Celsius
> or Kelvin? Thanks!

Theoretically, it shouldn't matter.  The IDV will convert to Kelvin for the
calculations.  If you find that the answers are not what you expect, let us
know.

Don

Ticket ID: LCA-261543
Department: Support IDV