[IDV #FUN-662442]: Creating a formula for wind shear

Hi Robert

Question: Is the data in meters/ KM?

If yes this should be possible.

If no then you could theoretically write a formula that would derive the
pressure from the altitude, and then make use of the IDV wind shear formulas.

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but I did not find any data in your bundle.

If/when you reply please include a bundle with data.

Thanks.

-Julien

> Full Name: Robert D'Arienzo
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Operating System: Mac OS X
> Hardware: Java: home:
> /System/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/1.6.0.jdk/Contents/Home version:
> 1.6.0_22 j3d:1.5.2 fcs (build4)
> Description of problem: Hi, I was wondering if there is a formular for
> calculating wind shear (at 6km). I saw similar formlas, but they involve the
> levels of pressure and not elevation. Any suggestions on how I can calculate
> the shear? Thanks you!

Ticket ID: FUN-662442
Department: Support IDV