[IDV #ORN-669323]: Radar L2 volume

> Full Name: Mike Richards
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: Windows 32-bit current
> Operating System:
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: Hello...after reading some of the documentation I
> believe the answer is "no" but I should ask anyway.
>
> With IDV is it possible to produce a "volume" of WSR-88D L2 refelctivities?
> As it stands now, mutliple tilts can be displayed but data only displays
> along the center-beam line.  Alternatively, a 2-D RHI display can be created
> that fills in the altitudes from center-beam for individual azimuths.

Hi Mike,
    The volume display of level2 data in the IDV is available, you can do the
volume scan and isosurface, the information is in the user guide.
> Short of creating an infinite number of RHI displays, can a volume be created
> that fills in the area between the ceneter-beam lines?

Maybe I don't understand the true meaning of your "volume" here. With the
volume scan I mentioned above, which consist of point rendering of each point,
you can change the point size to fill the area between the beam lines.

Yuan

> If so, i have a few questions regarding that  :)
>
> Thanks,
> Mike

Ticket ID: ORN-669323
Department: Support IDV