[IDV #CQF-979333]: export satellite image to netcdf

Hi David.

At this point I need to know more about the data you are looking at. Please
send over some bundles and / or put some data files at
http://motherlode.ucar.edu/repository/alias/idvupload.

Thanks.

-Julien

PS I am on PTO for the next couple of days so support may be slow  with the
upcoming Christmas holiday. I will be around next week though.

> Hi Julien  -
>
> I did what you suggested, but the results look similar to before. The nc
> file still has no lat/lon arrays.  Maybe I'm not doing what you
> suggested correctly  When you say "sub-setting", is that what I did when
> I requested a 600x1100 pixel grid centered on 14.5N -68 E in the Data
> Choosers panel? Or is it something more?
>
> --Dave
>

> > Hi David.
> >
> > I would generate the image you want (sub-setting the data as you wish) in
> > the projection you want and then:
> >
> > Dashboard -->  Displays Tab -->  File Menu -->  Save -->  Export displayed
> > data to netCDF
> >
> > Give that a shot and let us know how it goes.
> >
> > -Julien
> >
> >> Full Name: David ahijevych
> >> Email Address: address@hidden
> >> Package Version:
> >> Operating System:
> >> Hardware:
> >> Description of problem: First I'll state my goal. If you know a way to do
> >> this, then perhaps my netCDF question is irrelevant.  Ultimately I'd like
> >> to calculate the mean IR cloud top temperature in concentric rings around
> >> a tropical storm.
> >>
> >> My netCDF question is: how to I export the 2-D lat/lon arrays with the
> >> image?  I exported the image array using exportGridToNetcdf, but it is in
> >> satellite projection and I don't know how to convert that to lat/lon.
> >> Thanks - !
> >>

> > Ticket Details
> > Ticket ID: CQF-979333
> > Department: Support IDV