[IDV #OKF-306500]: Time offset using SimpleDateFormat

> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if it is possible to specify offsets from the
> current/animation time within an ISL script.  For example, my script has
> the following line:
>
> <echo message="Attempting to get data from ${now:yyyy-MM-dd HH}Z"/>
>
> This outputs the current time.  I would like to be able to specify the
> time to be one hour ago, for example, since some of our data doesn't
> come in until towards the end of the hour.  I looked into the Java
> documentation for SimpleDateFormat, but was only able to find a way to
> do this using Java Calendar.  Do you know if this is possible to do with
> ISL?
>
> Thanks,
>
> George

Hi George,
      I am not sure if I understand your question correctly, but my feeling is
that the ISL can do what you asked with the time with the basic isl tag, such
as time properties ${HH} can be used to do the calculation ${HH}-1. Here is the
userguide of basic isl tag:

"https://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/userguide/isl/BasicTags.html";

Yuan

Ticket ID: OKF-306500