[IDV #OME-473834]: downloading satellite images

> Full Name: David Ahijevych
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.9u2
> Operating System: linux
> Hardware: 32-bit
> Description of problem: Hello -
> SSEC at U.Wisconsin granted me access to their archive of satellite images
> for a little while.  I am interested in downloading (and saving locally)
> little subsections over pre-tropical storms.  I have a list of lat/lons and
> times.  Is there a way to script the download process?  I can do it in IDV,
> but it takes a long time manually, and I am not a good typer, so I constantly
> name the files incorrectly and accidentally overwrite old files.  With over
> 25 cases, it would be great to automate this with a shell script.  Can I do
> this with some sort of IDV script?  Other than McIDAS, I don't know of any
> way to access the satellite images besides IDV.  Plus I like IDV's overlay
> capabilities.

Hi Dave,
       You can write out the image using a ISL script, but I am not aware of
output local area file. Actually, if you load a sequence a area image from ADDE
server, you only need to do the write to local one time to save the whole
sequence. But you can explore the ISL or python to try to do it automatically.

Yuan
> I'd be happy to read some documentation if you refer me to it, but I didn't
> find anything when I looked through it.  Thank you!
>
> Dave

Ticket ID: OME-473834
Department: Support IDV