[IDV #SSC-922139]: IDV v2.9u1: Startup error again

Hi David.

We discovered some problems with the OS X installer that should hopefully be
fixed in the nightly version release of the IDV.

Please try again with the installer from the nightly release downloads:
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/downloads/idv/nightly/index.jsp

This action should solve Java3D related problems.

-Julien

> On Sep 17, 2010, at 11:04 AM, Unidata IDV Support wrote:
>
> >> Dave-
> >>
> >> I'm trying to stay out of this, but....

> >> I ran into the Java3D problem on my new MacBook Pro.  For some reason,
> >> installing Java 3D for all users doesn't seem to work.  Julien can look at
> >> this when he returns.  If you install just for the current user, your Java
> >> 3D problem will go away.
> >>
> >> As for the Jython issue, it's trying to unpack some Jython libraries into
> >> ~/.unidata/idv.  The zip file is in external.jar.  I'm not sure why it's
> >> failing on your system.
> >>
> >> Anyway, that's my $.02
> >>

> > Don,
> >
> > When I installed this on Russ's Mac, I didn't install the J3D lib. The J3D
> > in Russ's machine is for all users.
> >       Anyway, I will wait for Julien to work on this one since he has a Mac.
>
> Yuan,
>
> For the record, I tried uninstalling versions 2.9 and 2.9u1 on my machine and
> reinstalling v2.9u1 with Java OpenGL "for this user only", but the results
> are the same.
>
> -- Dave

Ticket ID: SSC-922139
Department: Support IDV