[IDV #EZH-812048]: csv file parameters

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to display surface observation data (Ex:Metar, Lightning, OMO,
> MotionVector, etc) using IDV. My data is in xml format so I'm trying
> to convert it to csv since IDV supports csv files. I was wondering if
> there is a document somewhere that have a list of all the parameters and
> their respective units that can be included in a csv file. And also,
> what they map to. For example: parameter=Latitude, unit=degrees, maps
> to= wind speed in a Metar report parameter=SPD, unit=m/s, maps to =
> wind speed in a Metar report
>
> I was able to figure out some of the parameters and what they map
> to but some of them I just have no idea which data they map to like
> wxc1,wxc2,P24,PCP,PSL,ZCL1,CIGC,CC1 and so on.

Hi Sung Jin,
    I think I don't fully understand your question here. There is not any
mapping you need to worry about for the CSV point data, we do require the lat,
lon, and time for each point, and you don't need to include parameter name and
unit, unless you know how to set up the index header. Here is the url for the
point data:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/idv/docs/workshop/datadisplays/point/TextPointData.html

let me know if you need more help.

Yuan
> I appreciate any help you can give me, Thanks again.

Ticket ID: EZH-812048
Department: Support IDV