[IDV #HIJ-775421]: reading in save data was incorrect

> Full Name: CJ Beegle-Krause
> Email Address: address@hidden
> Package Version: 2.9 nightly builld
> Operating System: Windows XP Pro
> Hardware:
> Description of problem: I just spent the weekend carefully date registering
> over 80 individual nearfield model runs for the DHW nearfield model.  Each
> one has the blowout on for 1 day, the advects that piece around, so that when
> I put them all together, it makes a continuous plume.
> I saved the data, and then when reopened it, the data was wrong, and the
> animation was wrong. There are now gaps, and offsets where two days of the
> plume are on at the same time rather than one after the other.

Hi CJ,
    It is not very clear to me why you want to save the data, it might be
better to save the bundle and then reopen the bundle to go back to where it is
saved.

> I saved a zipped favorite.  Did that cause harm? Or might I be able to get
> back?
>
> Here is where it would be nice to have a netCDF particle file.  then I could
> merge all the runs together, and load in one file to IDV....

It sounds to me that you want to aggregate these data files, the ncml is the
best option, here is a link of a web site of ncml:

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/ncml/

Let me know if you have any question.

Yuan

Ticket ID: HIJ-775421